Great post by Russel Davies with 10 ways of being more interesting. phrased like that it might sound a bit weird; “hoooo I want to be interesting” but it’s actually also a good list to learn more and be more creative.
- Take at least one picture everyday. Post it to flickr.
- Start a blog. Write at least one sentence every week.
- Keep a scrapbook.
- Every week, read a magazine you’ve never read before.
- Once a month interview someone for 20 minutes, work out how to make them interesting. Podcast it.
- Collect something.
- Once a week sit in a coffee-shop or cafe for an hour and listen to other people’s conversations. Take notes. Blog about it. (Carefully)
- Every month write 50 words about one piece of visual art, one piece of writing, one piece of music and one piece of film or TV. Do other art forms if you can. Blog about it.
- Make something.
The link and the “cliff notes” list version above are from Steve at Creative Generalist who’s university walls entry is also a great read.