A couple of weeks ago I watched part of The Bridget Jones Diary and I noticed two things; 1. Bridget/Renée isn’t “fat”, she’s more along the lines of “normal”, I thought she was supposed to be fat. 2. Hugh Grant’s character has a great apartment. That second part reminded me of a post I had in mind, “Great apartments from the movies”. I thought I had more but off the top of my head, some great ones I remember (random order).
- Will/Hugh Grant’s (again) in About A Boy. Kind of a loft space, great decorations.
- Finn/Ethan Hawke’s in Great Expectations. Ginormous loft with great windows on two sides.
- The MacLeod’s round room in Highlander.
- We didn’t see much of it but Sam/Ewan McGregor’s place in Stay looks great. (might just be because I saw it two days ago though).
- Crown/Pierce Brosnan’s jamaican house in The Thomas Crown Affair.
- Anna/Julia Robert’s in Closer (I think, or was Owen’s?).
Which did I miss (obviously a lot), what are your favorites?
Tyler Durden’s big cabane.
doh! i meant Audrey Hepburn, not Shirley Maclaine. (Thinking of the actual movie, The Apartment, with Jack Lemmon)
James Woods’ in “Videodrome”!
Jeff Daniels and Laura Linney’s Brooklyn apartment in Noah Baumbach’s Squid and the Whale.
Jonathan Rhys Meyers and Emily Mortimer’s London apartment, in “Match Point”, from Woody Allen. That’s exactly where I want to live.
I have to say that the apartment in Stay looked nice to me too.
The big house in The Last Days was quite cool, even if it’s not an apartment. (more like a castle…)
Midge apartment in Vertigo was so fun.
Anything modern with big windows would do the thing, in any big city of the world, in fact.
Random bit of information: for artistic purposes, Renée put on about 20 lb. to do Bridget. I mean, the sacrifices! And, to be sure we all knew that she put on weight for the role, she made sure to shed, like, 50 lb. afterwards. Wouldn’t want to disappoint the Academy…